Page Buttons

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spectrum and NTT

Happy Needle and Thread Thursday, y'all!  I finished up my striped rainbow quilt, and it has already been delivered to its new home.  There aren't many things that make me smile bigger than seeing a child wrap up in a newly finished quilt.  I just love knowing that it will be treasured.


This large periwinkle Amy Bulter print was just perfect for this purple-loving preteen, and since I needed to widen it out to 70 inches, I added a Kona Purple stripe;  and the Kona Turquoise binding ties both sides together quite nicely!


This quilt is going to be a focal point in her room, and she asked for a pillow to match.  I knew I didn't want to be too matchy with more stripes, so I decided to go with an improv strip, with the colors blending gradually across the pillow.  I really like the way it turned out!


Even though this quilt and pillow are bright, colorful, and appealing for a preteen, I really tried to make something that she would love even after her decor changes.

So, let's get to the party!  Check out some of the amazing quilts that really caught my eye from last week!    Like this bright beauty from Donnaleeq-


Or this sweet Shortcake quilt from re*engineered.


and this fantastic Fleet and Flourish quilt from Once Sewn-  (just noticed that apparently I'm into alliteration today).


Love the inspiration week after week!  Can't wait to see what's happening this week!  Party on, friends!

1.  You can link finished projects or WIP's , but just keep it about quilting and sewing!
2. Link to your specific post (not to your home page!) to make it easier for others.
3. Please remember to spread the word and post my button or a text link.  
4. Spread the comment love far and wide!
5. Following me is not a requirement to link, but is so very appreciated!

*If you're new to the party, here's a helpful tip for linking up- select "Auto Crop"  when selecting your thumbnail photo.  For some reason, trying to crop your own image results in the dreaded "white question mark box," and we definitely want to see your awesome work!  :)


12 comments:

  1. You are a rock star! That pillow is calling my name! ;) Lucky quilt recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one fab finish already. I love how you've pieced the back and particularly how you've rotated the Amy Butler fabric 90 degrees on the left side. Great pillow cushion too - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beauty, Kelly! Well, actually, two beauties the quilt and the pillow. How could she not love them. I agree the pillow needs to work with the quilt but not be too matchy. Everyone likes a little variety. I really enjoyed our email chat! Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rainbow quilt is a wonderful quilt made up with a great selection of fabric. The back is equally smashing too! I know the recipient is going to treasure the quilt. Love how you made a strip of various fabrics with top and bottom borders being non print fabric in the pillow. The colors really pop!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rainbow colors of your quilt and pillow. And Amy's fabric is perfect for the back. You have made someone very happy--I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rainbows just make me smile. I'm sure she must love it and the pillow too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out beautifully! I'm sure she will cherish it for many years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for sharing my shortcake quilt! :) Love your rainbow quilt & pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilt and lovely pillow to match, I really like the improv on the pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The quilt and pillow are awesome. So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute rainbow quilt. The pillow is my favorite though. Is that blue around it a binding? If so, I'd love to know how you make your pillows. Looks a bit different than the traditional pillow.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful finish. The pillow is a great accent.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment and for visiting! I read and appreciate every single comment, and I reply to each one as soon as I can. If you don't hear back from me, you might be a no-reply blogger. :)

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips